Milling is especially suitable for the machining of composite parts with complex shapes such as molds, and plays a very important role in industries such as industrial mold manufacturing. With the rapid development of numerical control technology, the role of milling in mechanical machining is becoming more and more important, especially in the machining of various special-shaped surfaces, which has advantages that other machining methods cannot match. At present, on the five-coordinate CNC milling center, it is even possible to continuously complete the copying of the entire artwork with high efficiency.
Milling can process workpieces of various shapes, including planes, curved surfaces, gears, etc.
Milling can be done with many types of milling cutters, including face mills, ball nose mills, end mills, and more.
Milling can be processed in a variety of ways, including face milling, end milling, chamfering, slotting, etc.
Milling has high precision and good surface quality, and is suitable for workpiece machining with high precision requirements.
2. For workpieces of different materials, different cutting tools and cutting parameters are selecte d to ensure machining efficiency and machining quality.
3. The workpiece needs to be fixed before machining to ensure machining accuracy and safety.
4. For large workpieces or unstable workpieces, it is necessary to use supports or fixtures for reinforcement.
5. It is necessary to maintain the supply of cutting fluid during the milling process to reduce the machining temperature and prolong the service life of the tool.
6. For large workpieces or workpieces that need to be processed multiple times, segmental machining is required.
7. It is necessary to check the wear of the tool before machining and replace it in time.
8. For workpieces that need to be processed repeatedly, it is necessary to ensure the consistency of the machining program and machining parameters.
9. For workpieces that require multiple machining, it is necessary to select the appropriate milling sequence and machining method.
10. It is necessary to keep the tool and the workpiece cool during the machining to reduce the machining temperature and protect the tool.
11. When machining curves or curved surfaces, it is necessary to use small-diameter milling cutters, and appropriately increase the cutting speed and feed speed of the cutter.
12. When machining narrow grooves, it is necessary to use an end mill, and pay attention to controlling the cutting depth and feed speed of the tool.
13. When machining a large plane, it is necessary to use a plane milling cutter, and use the shrinkage method to avoid deformation of the workpiece after milling.
14. When machining chamfering, it is necessary to select a suitable chamfering tool and control the cutting depth and feed speed.
15. When machining gears, it is necessary to select a suitable gear cutter and control the cutting speed and feed speed.
16. When machining thin-walled workpieces, it is necessary to select appropriate milling cutters and machining parameters to avoid workpiece deformation or cutting instability.
17. Before machining, it is necessary to design the workpiece and plan the machining plan to improve machining efficiency and machining quality. At the same time, it is also necessary to inspect and quality control the processed workpieces to ensure that the machining quality meets the requirements.